Cardiovascular Medicine IN THE DEPARTMENT OF MEDICINE

Falk Cardiovascular Research Center

Falk Cardiovascular Research Center

The Falk Center is one of the pre-eminent facilities in the world for cardiothoracic surgery and cardiovascular medicine. The Falk Center dedicated its new headquarters in March 1984 with a ceremony led by Dr. Norman Shumway, who performed the first heart transplant in the United States in 1968. The center is named after Dr. Ralph Falk, a physician who practiced in Boise, Idaho for most of his career and founded Baxter Laboratories, and his widow Marian C. Falk. The center comprises 52,000 square feet, and is located just off Quarry Road on the Stanford campus, adjacent to Stanford University Hospital and Lucille Salter Packard Children’s Hospital. A large central atrium with skylights overhead makes the building bright, welcoming and airy. Staff and physicians occupy a mezzanine-style second floor around the atrium, with research laboratories and other rooms occupying the lower floors.

Address

Falk Cardiovascular Research Center
870 Quarry Road
Stanford, CA 94305
T: (650) 723-6141
F: (650) 725-1599
Directions Map

 

Stanford Medicine Resources:

Footer Links: